Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Day #8 of a #30 day startup


A productive day today. I put in the language selector mechanism. By selecting the language a session id will stay in memory, so that if for example you chose the German option, all the comments you see when perusing threads would be the ones made in German. It's also easy enough to change to English or Spanish if you want to look at what people are saying in other languages. I'm not doing the same with the thread header - ideally people will comment on the same discussion point but in their respective language. One thing I will now have to do is modify the code to display titles and help-text in the relevant language, but that shouldn't be too hard to implement. I've got some other functionality planned for the site, but it's looking as though I can migrate to the website sometime next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment